Wednesday, September 28, 2011





So I know that I didn’t go to a place as crazy as Amsterdam last weekend, but I thought I would post about my trip to Berlin and save the really crazy stuff for Colleen. But instead of my usual format where I type wayyyy too much, I have decided to list just a couple of things I learned/saw in my travels.
Before I do this, here is a random photo montage that I for some reason can't get to match up with my list. Enjoy.
Jen is excited about Social Media Week 2011
Molli's Dessert


Washing down the Wodka
No ticket for lack of metro ticket
Why is the formatting on this blog so difficult?


Guess those drinks people bought you were a waste
Jen defaces a historical landmark
German's cant take pictures


1. Free food makes everything better. (social media week 2011 had an open bar and free food. Not to mention all of the stuff we took from the hostel breakfasts for later)

2. In America, we take a lot of free things for granted (condiments, public restrooms, water)

3. Germans use Capri Suns as chasers for tiny bottles of vodka (self-explanatory)


4. Public transportation in Germany is expensive, but they hardly ever check your pass. (Be careful with this one. You could end up having your metro boarded by like ten German ticket checkers at once and your only escape is to get out of there as fast as possible)

5. There is a little door in the Berlin Wall! So cool. I love that place.

6. Germans will not borrow their mom’s car in order to take you sightseeing, despite their many drunken promises the night before. (Sebastian and Mo, such disappointments)

7. Some people sleep better in bars than they do in Hostels.

8. You’re not allowed to write on the Berlin Wall.

9. Streets get shut down for the Berlin marathon, and you may have to play some ultimate Frogger to get to the other side of one.

10. Berlin is awesome. Go, go go!

No comments:

Post a Comment