Friday, August 26, 2011

Come on Irene

Okay, so Irene is being a pain in my ass in more ways than one. 
I know that Dexy's Midnight Runners don't sing about a girl named Irene (who would?), but I have had my own version of this one hit wonder going through my head all morning, which basically consisted of me humming everything but "come on Irene."
Thats when I realized that I don't know the lyrics at all. I looked them up, and to my horror...


Come on Eileen, 
I swear (well he means) At this moment you mean everything, 
With you in that dress my thoughts I confess verge on dirty 
Ah come on Eileen. 

These people round here wear beaten down eyes 
Sunk in smoke dried faces they're so resigned to what their fate is, 
But not us, no not us we are far too young and clever. 
Remember Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye 
Eileen I'll hum this tune forever. 

Come on Eileen, I swear, well he means 
Ah come on let's take off everything, 
That pretty red dress Eileen (Tell him yes) 
Ah come on let's, ah come on Eileen, please. 


This song has more begging than "Baby, Its Cold Outside." Although, I can see why...






Anyway, like Colleen did, I suppose I'll tell you about my summer and my future plans:


This summer, I tried wearing a lot of different hats, because I lost my bear hat, Phoebe. I found out that Phoebe is irreplaceable. Fortunately, last night while I was packing she appeared. Apparently she was just hibernating and did not want to be bothered until Prague. 


I may have also donned a mustache for  a night, but there is no photographic evidence of this. 

Although that doesn't really sum up my summer at all, I am going to move on to the things I'm going to do in Prague anyway:

Party with Katyy in both Prague and London! 
Go to the REAL Oktoberfest (not just the one in Vegas)!

Avoid the beach (despite this picture's location)!
Get Colleen drunk (and accidentally? get drunk, myself)!

Anywho, I fly to Ted's tomorrow....Let the excellent adventure, bogus journey, etc. begin!






No comments:

Post a Comment